Certificate in International Business English Training (Cert IBET)
The Certificate of International Business English Training (Cert IBET) is an Internationally recognised Business English teaching qualification offered by English UK and Trinity College London.
With Business English courses becoming more and more popular and with more English Language Schools offering Business English courses now is the perfect time to update your English Language teaching skills by adding the Cert IBET to your existing qualifications.
Please fill in your details here to book a space on the Cert IBET course
Please find more details on our information leaflet here.
- A 10 day course over two weeks in Liverpool, an interesting and vibrant location.
- Make the transition from teaching General English to Business English with the Imagine English / BD Communications Cert IBET course.
- Expand your knowledge of the world of business including specialised input on marketing, HR and finance.
- You will learn about teaching and training Business English in groups and on a one-to-one basis both in the classroom and when working
in-company or virtually.
- Learn all the stages of Business English training from marketing yourself as a teacher or trainer, to analysing clients' needs, classroom management and assessment.
- This course also includes training in using Accelerated Learning techniques with Imagine English director William Thompson.
- Erasmus + funding can be applied for to help pay towards this course.
The Cert IBET consists of 10 core modules:
- Definitions of Business English
- Concepts and language in a business context
- Needs analysis and research
- Materials and resources
- Course and syllabus design
- Methods, approaches and techniques
- Business communication skills development (module 1)
- Business communication skills development (module 2)
- Assessment and evaluation
The Cert IBET course is open to anyone who:
Has two or more years' experience or has gained their initial qualification
(CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL)
Non-native English speaking teachers are welcome but must demonstrate English to a level of IELTS 8 or higher.
- Have expanded your knowledge of the world of business.
- Be able to manage business and training relationships involved in teaching or training Business English.
- Know key procedures for needs analysis and assessment.
- Have developed a knowledge of teaching and training in the classroom, in companies and virtually on a group or one-to-one basis.
- Acquired the necessary knowledge to submit your assignment for the Cert IBET international qualification.
- Gained familiarity with current best practice in teaching Business English.
- Developed a greater understanding of communication in the business world including inter-cultural communication and soft skills.
14 - 26 June 2017
Course Fee: £900
Moderation Fee: £130
Please see our Cert IBET Information leaflet for more details